Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hog Wild about dirt!

My birthday was this past Monday and tradition has it at the Hampton Inn that our boss takes all of the managers out to lunch for their special day. Our new DOS also has a birthday this week so together we chose where to celebrate. The Timpanogos Harley Davidson Shop located in Lindon Utah has a restaurant inside called Marleys. They serve killer sliders there and the french fries are off the charts good! But, to keep from sounding more like a restaurant review than a report on my dirt, I'll just let you go to the web site and discover for yourself how unique and really COOL this place is. Lance was our tour guide for this adventure and told us the history behind the building. For starters, it was the exact location of the Frontier Cafe, a truck stop that over 18 years ago my husband and I used to clean ceilings once a year. After it burnt down some time ago, the property just sat vacant. Small worlds collide again and now it is the Timp Harley store. Lance also told us that people drive from over 300 miles away just to see this store. And now, I have dirt to add to my collection! It rained the morning we went so it took me some time to dry the dirt out before I could store it in the jar. I encourage everyone to hit the web sites, or go in person to see for yourself how amazing this place is. The food is great, the bikes are "bitchin'" and the staff are both. I asked Lance before we left if the store was the largest Harley Dealership in the U.S. He said no, and I quote, "we never wanted to be the biggest, just the coolest." Well, I for one certainly went HOG WILD!

No comments: