Saturday, February 28, 2009

UTAH 24/7


So this post is about the State of Utah and some of the great places that you can go to when you visit the Southern end of the state. Rainbow Bridge is located in Arches National Park. It, along with Bryce Canyon and Moab are all 3 places in Southern Utah that you can find things to do 24/7. Moab is one of my favorite locations in the state and I along with my husband, spent LOTS of time at Slick Rock, known primarily for it's UHMAZING mountain biking trails. The dirt samples all look the same, but I assure you they are all very different. A coworker named Wade Bridges gave me the dirt from Rainbow Bridge some time ago. Jerry, my husband, collected the Moab sample while on a mountain biking excursion with the young men in the ward, and the Bryce Canyon dirt was given to me from a guest at the hotel this past year. The publication, UTAH 24/7 is one of a series of books published by Rick Smolan and David Elliot Cohen. They are the authors of The New York Times bestsellers America 24/7 and A Day in the Life of America. The book truly shows Utah telling it's own story in pictures. The thing I love most about Utah is the fact that it has 4 distinct seasons. Southern Utah has ever changing beauty during all 4 of them. For more info on tourism in Utah, www.discovermoab.com as well as www.utah.com and my personal favorite, www.utahvalley.org will all get you started. Be sure to book your rooms in Orem, www.oremhamptoninn.com , drop off some dirt and say hello!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to check out MOAB.

Brenda said...

It is amazing....THANK you for my latest sample too. It might be a little while before I post about it. I am still catching up on about.....200 other samples. You are appreciated. Hey did the Orem sample ever dry out?