Monday, December 1, 2008

Sarah Palin and Alaska Dirt

This past week has brought me 12 samples of dirt. From as far away as the Phillipines to as close as right down the street. Having my family with me for the holidays was pretty special, and when we went to get dirt from the Old Mailbox, they were all very impressed with a little envelope from the state of Alaska. Yes, the Governor herself, the Vice President candidate, Sarah Palin, sent me a little something from her fine state. Having lived in Juneau many years ago, I had a couple of samples already. But, what made this unique was that she sent the dirt along with this card. And yes, it was personally signed by her. Even with all her busy schedule demands, she found time to send me this. What a great way to start the holiday season with a "gift" from her. The sample is similar to the ones I collected in 1985 in front of the Mendenhall Glacier. The state is beautiful and so is the soil. I have many fond memories of living there. From the Northern lights to bear cubs at my window. Thank you Ms. Palin, the dirt was appreciated! Now, could you give Arnold a call in Cali?

No comments: