Saturday, October 4, 2008

BALLPARKS and pitching MOUNDS

Each year the girls and I travel with the Owlz Baseball team to a few away games. The Pioneer League is spread out from Utah to Idaho to Wyoming to Montana and we have been to every park except Casper Wyoming. We even traveled to Great Falls, Montana to witness the CHAMPIONSHIP game in 2007. GO OWLZ! Other teams within the Angels organization spread out all over the country. Each year as we get new players, I tell them of my dirt collection and I always get some new soil to add. The pitchers love to get dirt from each mound that they pitch on. The catchers just bring me what is left on their uniforms or in their shoes after a game.(Thanks Rosey!) This collection is from the ballparks and pitching mounds traveled to within the minor league system for the Angels. The samples include teams from the Pioneer, Midwest, California and Texas Leagues. I am told that I need to save room for dirt from the Dominican Republic for post season play there. Thank you in advance to Beau Brooks!


Orem Owlz (UT), Missoula Osprey (MT), Helena Brewers (MT), Idaho Falls Chukars (ID), Ogden Raptors (UT), Billings Mustangs (MT), Casper Ghosts (WY), Great Falls Voyagers (MT)

Tempe Angels (AZ), Cedar Rapids Kernels (IA), Arkansas Travelers (AK),
Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (CA), Salt Lake City Bees (UT)

No comments: