Saturday, October 25, 2008

Catalina Island and Avalon





Another stop on another cruise. This time we took the Ecstacy with Carnival from Long Beach to Catalina Island located in Avalon California. There were the nicest people there that ran a little souvenior shop and they told me about a lot of places I could go to find some really great soil. But, we only had about an hour to shop for dirt, get some grub, and catch the dingy back to the BIG BOAT. The cruise gave us a lot of memories. One that I was really surprised about was how COLD it was on this cruise. So cold in fact that we wore mittens, scarfs, and beanies while outside of our cabin and on the deck of the ship. I'd like to return to Catalina Island again someday. This time to rent a couple of bikes and ride all over. I think this is really a great way to meet with the "locals".

No comments: