Friday, October 24, 2008

Mayan Ruins of Tulum

On the "Crop n Cruise" trip we got to take an excursion to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum. It was so unbelievably HOT I can't even describe it to you. Jerry and I thought we were prepared for the heat but quickly found out we were very naive as to what REAL heat can do to you.
The Mayan ruins were absolutely beautiful. Even though I was really more interested in the beach sand that I collected from there. Several people told me that the soil from there is sacred and just like Hawaii volcanic rock, it was very "unlucky" to remove it from the ruins themselves. I for one don't mess with karma, so this sample was taken from an area just north of the actual ruins.
Grandma Elza, Jerry and I will never forget our experience in Mexico. The Mayan Ruins have so much history behind them and I still have reading more about them on my list of things to do. Until then, I will enjoy my dirt while sitting in the COOL breeze back here in Utah.



No comments: